Skip Navigation
Body fade

found property

Lost and found property

Taking in lost property is not a statutory duty for the police.  

We will only accept found property if it fits one of the below categories.
  1. We believe it's related to crime (you can call us to check).
  2. It poses a direct threat to the public (for example firearms, drugs, explosives, offensive weapons etc).
  3. It contains personal details relating to the owner. 
If you've found something which falls into one of the above categories please call us on 101 or visit a police station to check whether we can take it.

If we're given property that identifies you, we'll try to contact you to let you know. 

lost property

We don't take reports of lost property so don't issue crime reference numbers for insurance purposes.

Please show your insurers our official Kent Police Lost Property Information letter if they ask you to contact us for a reference number.

If you've lost property such as cash, identification, cards, handbags, bikes etc, re-trace your steps and contact the places you've visited to see if they have it.

The premises listed below should have their own lost and found procedures:
  • Licensed premises (pubs, nightclubs)
  • Private premises (house, hotel, hostel)
  • Taxi companies and businesses (shops, supermarkets)
  • Public transport (trains, buses, trams) and educational premises (schools, universities, colleges). 

I have lost my...

Was this page helpful?

This website uses cookies. By using this website, you're accepting our cookies policy and consenting to cookies being used. Read the Kent Police Website Privacy and Cookies Policy. Find out more about Kent Police and your personal data in our Data Privacy notice 2018.

Share with: